Monday 1 October 2012

Reflection #1

Today I woke and my conscious thought was to breath in. Was i not breathing while sleeping, of course I was or else I would be here. I realized I was breathing in that moment I woke. A breath that is not mine but the very breath of God resting inside me, in everyone. In my routine of life I saw someone in the corner of my eye. Was I about wake up in a defense of who this is as he stood there staring back at me? I turned to see him and he said nothing. I walked closer as he drew closer to me. I did not raise my arm up to attack or defend for it was a man I have seen before. His eyes glared at me as if he sought to understand why I was there as I stared back at him wondering if I should ask him why he was here. Past the hair on his body, the skin covering his muscles and bones I saw deeper through his eyes like a tunnel I have known before. The tunnel lead me through a hall way dark but lined with multicolored flooring. It did not interest me to much as the light at the end was bright and warm. I could feel the warmth like sitting next to a fireplace and roasting my clothes as I sit near it. It was warm and inviting but also familiar. The light was behind a door, the door was simple all wood bu the metal nob. The door nob looked of gold but tarnished, which was odd to me as the brilliance behind the door hurt my eyes. I began to twist the nob and I was thrown backwards through the tunnel and out of this ma's eyes to realize I was staring at me and he was staring at himself. Time has past by as the flesh has aged and the shape of the body has followed but inside through the eyes was the same.
What a day to see one's self and build upon the concept of the body being an encasement of the soul. Such a thing that can not be seen or measured by science but created by God, each one of us designed differently and rare.
God loves diversity.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously Adam? This is the brilliance you've been hiding? Simply beautiful!

    Indra

    ReplyDelete