Tuesday 8 January 2013

Treasure Hunt

What a beautiful day to have a Samoan Youth event. The Sun was out and the heat was pouring down through its rays of light. I was invited to help out this Wednesday morning with the Youth. I love walking in the park and it helps me relax a lot. It is something I need with my headaches constantly hurting me.

I parked my car at 8:30am and waited because the event was suppose to start at 9:00am. I waited and figured the event starts at the botanic garden and I was at the entrance so maybe I will walk into people I know.

As I walked I felt lead to a certain way I have never taken before and before I knew it I walked up to a couple from the youth. It was cool to know the park is over 500 acres and I walked and found the people I needed to find. See there was another entrance to the same location with a bigger parking lot, a cafe, a library, a food court, etc...

As everyone started showing up it seems many of the youth came to be a part of the Youth 'treasure hunt', the main event of searching through the park for nine areas. We played several games and broke up in groups and started our adventure.

When we finally found everything we returned back and relaxed from the sun or at least I did as my the sun loves my skin. We ate together and discussed several topics and cleaned after ourselves and called it a day from 9:00am to 1:30pm. I enjoyed spending time with the youth and they were happy to see me as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment