Friday 14 June 2013

A prayer for who we need to be

Saint Francis of Assisi wrote this prayer I want to share with you....

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace!
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

Most people stop there as the pray is powerful and reminds us we can be shining stars. But Christianity is not easy nor is it a road that is large and smooth and so he continues...

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive;
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

I pray these words may help and remind you of the disciplined life we have with so many blessings given to us. So we may be the light in the darkness and the shining stars. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment