Tuesday 27 November 2012

The breath of God -reflection # 5-

I have seen amazing things in my years of existing but also horrors I do not wish to speak of. They have both molded me like the clay I was formed from. Like a clay jar compared to my body it is used to contain waters where my spirit within my clay structure.
Genesis 1:26-27:  26 Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.’27 So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
This simple body is in the image of God.
Genesis 2:7:   7then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground,* and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.
The image of God made from the clay of the ground having God's very breath give us life. The breath of God is the breath of life and the breath of God is the Holy Spirit. The Hebrew word is ruach meaning air in motion or breath or life.In Koine Greek it is called pneuma which means breath or breeze.
So, when we speak our words have power because we speak with God's breath. What a thought.We finite creatures have God's breath within us and when we speak his breath is exhaled. As my own vision is not clear since the day of my head injury that caused my severe headaches I see differently. Like watching a tv channel that has static the pixels are broken up on the screen and so is my view of the world. I imagine that when we speak that breath returns to its owner like a leaf falling to the ground in the fall season but in the opposite direction.
John 3:6-7:  6What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Do not be astonished that I said to you, “You must be born from above.” 8The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.’
So, in essence we have but a sample of God's breath within us. As the Holy Spirit like the wind goes where it chooses it can allow us to be born again. Like the cup that is full with sin how can the Holy Spirit come into us until we empty that cup so it may be filled by him.
Now image that when we praise or worship together in a Church or a meeting of people groups (Church is not a building but a body of people coming together) and everyone is singing God's praises. Each person singing exhaling praise with God's very breath to return to him whom gave it. I thought about this concept at district assembly as the building was filled and voices from many people groups were singing praises to God how it would look like if I could see the waves of God's breath returning to him with love for him. I imagine each person's had a color design to how they live their life and every color wave interwoven together and like a breeze flowing back to its creator.
That is why it is wise to speak slowly and positive of others for our words have power for within our body is the breath of God.
I thought further about this concept. My death and how my spirit would leave my body behind. The question I asked myself was if God's breath is within me then is it my spirit? I retorted back to myself with slow answer of no. I often find myself having deep conversations...lol. God's breath gives life and continues life for each morning I wake I breath in with God's very breath inside of me. But when my body dies my spirit will leave to be with God and surrounding my spirit would be the essence of God's breath. I picture it like the movies that so often have shown the spiritual bodies of people. But for more effect they give them an aura around them. In the same sense I believe that the when my spirit leaves my body God's breath will surround my spirit like an aura. 
Our words have power. Our words exhale God's breath into the world. God's breath returns to him for what we have spoken be it good or bad. Let us praise Him with His breath given to each of us to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment