Friday 5 October 2012

Youth Group

I sat down with my youth group and asked four questions.
1) Your Name
2) Your favorite dessert
3)Your favorite video game
4) Any two super-powers what would they be?

I answered because I came up with the questions so it was only fair.
Pastor Adam
Peanut Butter Milkshake
Skyrim
The ability to heal people with a touch and the ability to read people's minds.

My youth group answered me in many different ways but a common theme was found. On a psychological level there were three common cores. Sugary goodness, shooting games, and invisibility; these elements revealed a group that needs to acknowledge the power within themselves. They can transform a community. They can show a servant's action. They can speak openly with no fear of action. They can be work and see results of God's gifts He has bestowed upon them.

The Bible lesson was simple understanding in our confusion God has a direction but even if we do not follow He will still love deeply His children.
Confusion
Direction
God's love


Last night was a good night to see into my youth group's eyes and see their potential for greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment