Tuesday 29 January 2013

The First Fruits

I went to tend to the garden as it is a routine of mine now. The garden needs care, water and weeding. I may sometimes speak to the plants...lol. But they do not speak back me...yet!

I went and found many cucumbers and peas ready for the picking. The next day I took most of them out into the community and started greeting people I came across and telling them it was from the Church of the Nazarene and its free. A building that is not there for the people of the community can not really be called a Church. We are God's people. We are missional people. We are called to be sent out and create relationships with the lost and broken. A simple way is free fruits and it was good to see people smile to know it was for them.

God gives many blessings and sometimes it can be seen in the smiles of the people we reach out too.

The rest of the fruits went to the youth camp that was days away from beginning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment