Saturday 29 September 2012

Pastor

Something to think about...I walk the community to invite people I meet in conversation. To know them for who they are and not what they have done. So, I was thinking how awesome a six letter word can be. I was asked by a man the last week, 'What are you doing here?' I answered 'I am a pastor'. Pastor...and I saw respect grow for that word and given to me for God's will on my life. It reminds me of when I was Cleveland, Ohio and I would walk the streets and a few gang members would stop me and ask me, 'what I am doing?'. While you could plainly see the gun sticking from their shirt, I would answer, 'I am a pastor' I found respect as they allowed me to pass. A simple word that represents a life's choice to be God's servant. No matter the environment I still find respect for such a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment